Ph.D. scholarships are available for candidates interested in research on Insurance Risk and Actuarial Science. The scholarships are funded by the Centre and are applicable for full-time doctoral study at the Nanyang Business School.
Candidates will be chosen by a Selection Committee comprising experts from SCOR and the Nanyang Business School. Research topics will be initiated by students and approved by Nanyang Business School and IRFRC. Research will be co-supervised by faculty of the Nanyang Business School. It is recommended that any candidates interested to pursue the Ph.D. scholarship, approach a member of the NBS Faculty well in advance of the submission date.
The scholarship will be offered for the August term. Applications will be accepted in January and should include:
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Chosen research topic
- Statement of Objectives (2-4-pages):
- Purpose and objective
- Significant accomplishments and achievements
- Strengths and weaknesses in your chosen specialization
- Photocopies of GMAT / GRE / TOEFL / IELTS scores. The official score sheet will be required upon admission. The following are the institution codes for the Nanyang Business School:
- GRE: 7250
- GMAT: V24-ZV-92
- TOEFL: 0138-99
- Two academic referee reports (Download the academic referee report forms)
All submissions must be in English, and should be submitted to Valerie De Souza by January 15 at firstname.lastname@example.org.