Insurance Risk and Finance Research Centre (IRFRC)
Nanyang Business School
Phone: (+65) 6790 6261
Andreas Milidonis holds a Ph.D. in Risk Management & Insurance from Georgia State University (USA - December 2006). His undergraduate degree was completed with honors in 2001 (First in class; Schreyer Honors College), in Actuarial Science (Minor in Mathematics) at the Pennsylvania State University. Andreas’ curriculum includes academic appointments with the Manchester Business School (UK), the University of Cyprus (Cyprus) and professional experience with Towers Perrin (USA).
Andreas' current research interests include the information value of changes in ratings, credit risk, executive compensation, insurance economics and the operation of financial institutions and markets.
He has published articles in the Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Risk and Insurance, ASTIN Bulletin and North American Actuarial Journal.
His paper on the predictability of insurance financial strength ratings won the 2012 Best Paper Award (Young Economist) at the European Group of Risk and Insurance Economists' Annual Meeting.
His article on executive compensation for insurance firms was shortlisted for the 2011 Lloyd's Science of Risk Prize (Behavioural Risk Category).
- Milidonis, A., and K. Stathopoulos. Managerial Incentives, Risk Aversion and Debt, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming
- Milidonis, A. Compensation Incentives of Credit Rating Agencies and Predictability of Changes in Bond Ratings and Financial Strength Ratings. Journal of Banking and Finance, forthcoming
- Milidonis, A., and K. Stathopoulos. 2011. Do US Insurance Firms Offer the “Wrong” Incentives to Their Executives? Journal of Risk and Insurance, 78 (3): 643-672
- Milidonis, A., Y. Lin and S.H. Cox. 2011. Mortality Regimes and Pricing. North American Actuarial Journal, 15 (2): 266-289.
- Milidonis, A., and M.F. Grace. 2008. Tax-Deductible Pre-Event Catastrophe Loss Reserves: The Case of Florida. ASTIN Bulletin, 38 (1): 13-51.
- Milidonis, A., and S. Wang. 2007. Estimation of Stock Price Distress Costs Associated with Bond Downgrades Using Regime Switching Models. North American Actuarial Journal, 11 (4): 42-60.
- Michaelides Alexander, Milidonis Andreas, Nishiotis George and Papakyriakou Panayiotis, 2014, The Adverse Effects of Systematic Leakage Ahead of Official Sovereign Debt Rating Announcements, Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.